Use this guide to refute the arguments of Anti-Monarchists and present your own argument.
Some of Monarchies superior traits that you should always include in debates
- In Monarchy the conscience of law tends to unite the people within the state while in a republic the conscience of law tends to disregard the role of the state for the society;
- Monarchical conscience of law tends to perceive the state as a family and the monarch as a pater familias while the republican conscience of law denies this notion. Since the republican conscience of law praises individual freedom in the republican state people do not recognize the people of the state as a family;
- Monarchical conscience of law is very conservative and prone to keeping traditions while republican conscience of law is always eager to rapid changes.
- In a Monarchy the monarch represents all the people not a certain majority or minority but all the people
- A monarch makes decisions out of what he/she knows will be in the interest of the nation not what is popular with masses in order to get reelected
- A monarch is trained from birth to rule. By the time he is 20 he has the experience that it takes politicians most of their adult lives to acquire. And history has proven that most leaders are most effective during their younger years( Louis the 14th is a great example)
- Monarchs are by the far the most effective barriers against dictatorships. Had there been a Kaiser in Germany in 1932 I doubt Hitler would've risen to power. Had Tsar Nicholas II been in charge instead of Kerensky it is very likely that Lenin could've been stopped.
- A monarch creates a balance between Church and State by both being a symbolic leader of the church and the leader of the state. That way neither will have to compete for control since they both owe are led by the same leader. Since in other systems either the state oppresses the Church or the Church takes control of the state.
- If you are debating an Anti-Monarchist kindly point out that most revolutions that overthrew the monarchy ended up with an evil dictatorships which killed millions. In fact in most cases after these revolutions which are supposedly supposed to be "Democratic" the people had much less freedom than under the monarchy which has been demonized in the history books. To get the point watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPbTSFIbdK8
- If you are debating ask you're opponent calmly if it doesn't bother him that someone completly uneducated about politics has the ability to decide the fate of the country. One must keep in mind that as Pop culture expands the youth care less about their country but more about some celebrity. And it is through the uneducated masses that dictatorships arise.
- If you are arguing point out that Democracy is often based on emotions not on intellectual choicies.
- I would recommend going to the quotes section to see what the great minds of history have to say on the topic. Also check out the "Monarchist politics" section of Monarchist News .If you have any suggestions please send me a message.Thank you
- Black Baron